Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blog # 5

Q: Explain at least three specific ways that Integration of Technology helps facilitate a Learner-Centered Classroom that encourages students to construct meaning from the technology-assisted activities you have them engage in.

A: I think that the smart board is a awesome way to get students to interact with technology because its fun but at the same time they can learn something. I wish that they had smart boards when I was in school instead of the chalk board. The smart board makes it more usable and saves time in the classroom; you can erase a project on the smart board in minutes the old board takes more time to get it erased more quickly. You can do more math related games on the smart board; the color and sound effects make a child more apt to pay attention rather than the old school manner.

I think that anytime a child uses a computer is a wonderful thing. They have the world at their fingertips. They can use a computer to do research on for a class project or they can use the internet to communicate to children of another school and/or country. I would use the internet for a pen pal program if the students were old enough to understand the communication and cultural experiences.

I also the idea of using power point to get a child's interest in a subject that may not be so interesting with plain old transparencies. You can bring a subject to life. You can give it movement and sound;more or less a face. I wish my teachers would have had the access to this kind of technology when i was in school. Power point is such a useful tool.