Q:Reflect on how you would use both Concept Mapping (Inspiration, Kidspiration) and an Interactive Whiteboard (SMARTBoard) in your content area (s) with the level of students you plan on teaching. In your blog cite specific examples of how you would use both technologies as well as the advantages each offers.
A: I am planning on teaching K-3, there are a lot of choices for fun activities that are still educational. I like the idea of doing matching games. For example using English vocabaulary words; matching nouns and pronouns. Another good way to use the smartboard is to use competitive games;an example is math. When we did our class activity on playing internet games, they have on the PBS website a math game that was a race and it was using math problems to get the rabbit to move ahead. I though that game was educational but competitive. You can also you the smartboard for simple fun things such as making things for the holidays; a snowman or pumpkins. By using the kidspiration you can make fun activites for the children to use on the smartboard. When we did our presentations in class, there were a lot of ideas that I would not have thought of. When i think of the smartboard i think of interactive fun.

1 comment:
Ashley,
You provide many specific ways that this technology could be used to engaged your future students in valuable learner-centered activities. - CB
Post a Comment